But creativity doesn't only have to happen when we sit down to write or paint. It can be part of every moment! Have you spent time with those people who seem to make magic out of every moment? People who invent a game out of jumping into their car, dance their way through the supermarket, belt out their favorite song at work, and create entire theater pieces with inanimate objects. Your creativity is a muscle, and it wants to be pumped! Try the following creativity exercises and incorporate them into your day to get your creative juice flowing.
- turn your socks into sock puppets while you're getting dressed
- think of a song you don't like, and write new lyrics that express the opposite sentiment of the song
- write down all the excuses you make for not making your art in bullet points. in a second column, write what you did instead of making art. then, choose a silly accent, and read each of them aloud to yourself.
- take one day and invent life stories for each stranger you see on the street
- wear a unique piece of clothing that people will comment on, and then make up a different story for each of them about where it came from
For added synergy, fill your well with stories of others' art and life to inspire you even more.
"The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to
leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your
intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover